That’s why acne, which often results in unsightly scars and self-esteem issues, is one of the most common yet serious concerns for both men and women, teens and adults.
Reviva is here to help!
We treat acne at the source, preventing scars and further breakouts, leaving your skin clear, bright, and blemish-free. Here is a brief overview of our acne treatments to help you compare and choose.
Acne Treatment Options
At Reviva Laser Skin Clinic, all treatments begin with whisper laser extraction, which targets comedones (bumps on skin that include pimples) and is far less painful and stressful to your skin. You will see immediate improvement. When done regularly, extractions also help reduce breakouts.
1. Isolaz Acne Therapy
This popular acne treatment combines a vacuum and painless broadband light to clear and purify the pores. It removes keratin and sebum, i.e. dead skin and oils, and uses light to reduce acne-causing bacteria and redness.
- Best for: Non-inflammatory acne or mild inflammatory acne
- Our customers love this because: Isolaz acne treatments are pain-free and require zero downtime
2. Aramis Laser
This laser reduces the size of sebaceous glands to reduce sebum production. It also provides anti-inflammatory action. We find Aramis laser treatments produce very long-lasting results.
- Best for: Oily skin, people who need long-term acne suppression
- Our customers love this because: With Aramis, skin stays clear and acne-free for much longer
3. Chemical Peels
Buildup of dead skin cells within pores can result in acne lesions. Chemical peels are deep exfoliation using acid to clear the pores of debris and to remove dead cells from the surface of the skin. Your will feel the difference with each treatment.
- Best for: Mild to moderate acne, excessively oily skin, large pores
- Our customers love this because: They walk away with smooth, refreshed skin after every peel!
4. Carbon Peels
Special carbon lotion and a powerful laser combine to reduce inflammation, stimulate cell regeneration, and attack acne deep in the skin. Carbon peels also treat surface acne by gently removing the topmost layer of dead skin to unclog pores. Also suitable for hormonal acne that tends to manifest on the chin and jawline.
- Best for: Mild to moderate inflammatory acne
- Our customers love this because: The dual action also fights hormonal acne (a.k.a. “PMS acne”)
5. Blue and Red Light Therapy
At the right amounts and levels, blue and red light can help to reduce acne. The blue light kills acne-causing bacteria while the red light fights inflammation. This is a fast, soothing acne treatment.
- Best for: Patients looking for quick, painless acne-fighting action
- Our customers love this because: Light therapy can be used to calm skin after laser treatments
6. Intense/Variable Pulse Light
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) targets redness, so it works wonders with inflamed acne lesions and acne scars. It reduces inflammatory cells and often reduces the depth of scars. High school might have lasted a lifetime, but acne pits no longer have to!
- Best for: Mild or moderate acne, sun-damaged skin, mature skin
- Our customers love this because: IPL helps reduce existing acne scars for more even-looking skin